Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Phone Call

Since I submitted the application on July 25, I've been eagerly awaiting any news. The original information said I should hear on Friday, August 2 but Friday came and went and I heard nothing. Tonight, I got a phone call! They asked me a few questions about my expectations for the trip, if I knew anyone who had gone on this trip in the past or any adoptees who had found their families, if I had a support system in place upon my return, and told me about the formalities involved with being chosen.

The most interesting part of the phone call was that they were also interested in my brother possibly going on the trip with me. If he was able to gather his documents and email them by tomorrow, they could consider him as well.

I asked how many slots were available (20; 10 for Europe/Australia and 10 for USA) and how many people applied (22 applicants from USA). My odds aren't bad; 10/22...45%? The interviewer mentioned that not all of those were from Busan either, which slightly increases my odds. I should hear back from them before the end of day tomorrow...going to bed hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment