Thursday, September 5, 2013

More good food, and lots of shoes

I managed to take a quick nap, but it was the kind of nap that probably wasn't good for me- I woke up feeling even more tired and a little shaky. It's been a little tough being here and still not getting used to the time difference, so I haven't been able to really enjoy Seoul at all. And tomorrow night we head to Busan. But I hope that when we return on Tuesday, I will have more time to explore. I feel like I haven't even been able to pick up my head to look around yet. I have to keep reminding myself it's only Day 2. I just feel like this time is going to fly by, and hope I adjust soon.

Anyway, we went to a really nice place for dinner called Kyung Bok Kung. We took a taxi that dropped us off in the wrong place, flagged down another taxi, only to take that one in a complete circle and realize the restaurant was literally around the corner. Oh well.


It was a neat place, with separate dining rooms and in-floor seating. Traditional Korean style, where you take off your shoes before entering.


The food was delicious- we had galbi (Korean shortribs), porridge, two kinds of salads, squid, and a bunch of other small side dishes. When I felt like I was completely full, they came out with another course of chicken and rice or cold noodles - naengmyeon - the North Korean dish I've been wanting to try for awhile. It was really good and refreshing. Then came a sweet drink, and probably other courses, but I had to peace out. I left with another girl in the program to come back to the hotel room; I really need to pack up and get some sleep tonight.


Tomorrow is a big day; we visit our adoption agency (mine is Holt) in the morning and get to view our files with a case worker, have lunch, and visit the babies in the orphanage. I'm pretty sure I'll definitely cry and want to take one home at that point. Then we get ready for Busan...where my adventure really begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment