Saturday, September 7, 2013

Shabu Shabu

Last night for dinner, we took a bus to this big store which I can best describe as a Korean KMart. It was multi-level, and had a lot of cheap stuff, like knock off clothes (most notable: knockoff North Face called The Red Face, which is kind of funny considering that's what Asians turn into when they drink).

Anyway, the restaurant was on the 3rd floor and it was a Shabu restaurant, with unlimited food (buffet style) and beer. 


The group

Random food

To be honest, I feel like I am continually eating so there is never a time when I'm actually hungry- it's like a constant full feeling. I didn't eat very much. I started to feel a little sick so I went for a walk.

One thing I've been surprised about in Korea is how they take their children out at all hours of the night. There is lots of baby-wearing here, so I'm always seeing babies and toddlers on the fronts and backs of moms and dads. It makes me miss my babies even more.

There are a lot of kid friendly areas and family spaces here too. The US needs to take note. At the restaurant, there was a "Kids Club" where all the kids go to while the parents eat. 



It had arcade games, and a tv, but no chaperone. Wish there was an area like that in every restaurant!

Then, in the store I also found another kids' area.





My boys would love this! It was huge, with a sand pit, various play areas, a Mom's Cafe - and it was all gated off so the kids couldn't get out. 

After dinner, we headed back to the hotel and I needed some time to myself. It's been hard because there is nowhere to go to be alone here- not even our room- so I felt frustrated. I got a few hours of sleep, but woke up around 4:45 with too many things racing through my head, so I got up and wrote down all the questions I have for my birth mother, and a letter to give her too. After the reunion, I will update on any answers I got. 

Today I went to a brunch cafe with my roommates, then had a meeting to go over my files and prep for the reunion. I'm about to set off on my own for an hour to explore the surrounding area, then we are headed to a temple and the big fish market of Busan. It will be nice to get my mind off what's happening tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment